Re: strange xterm behavior across platforms

Sage Weil <sage@newdream.net> writes:

> I'm seeing strange terminal behavior in xterm with output from g++ or
> even man pages on my amd64 etch installation.  Things that are

That sounds like a locale mismatch: your amd64 system is using UTF-8
locales, whereas the other systems are set up to use (and more to the
point, expect) legacy one-byte-per-character locales.  You can either
configure them to use UTF-8 too or make sure to set an appropriate
locale on the amd64 machine when logging in remotely (for instance, by
setting the environment variable LANG to en_US or C).

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.