Re: Problem with resolving names with firefox 32 bit

It sounds like a resolve.conf issue to me, too. I had more issues with this than just changing resolv.conf itself, because I use the resolvconf package to automagically generate the resolv.conf file when I change wireless setups using ifscheme... resolvconf secretly stores its resolv.conf file in  /dev/shm (after a series of confusing symlinks) so the solution I came up with (although in retrospect there are possibly some simpler ones) was to mount my outside /etc as /etc64 in the chroot, and the /dev and /dev/shm, all with the bind type in fstab, and then link the chroot's /etc/resolv.conf to /etc64/resolv.conf which points to /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf which is really /dev/shm/resolvconf/resolv.conf which finally worked. There may be a better way to mount /dev/shm than bind, but I stopped when I hit on what worked. You could also probably make /etc/resolv.conf a direct link to /dev/shm/resolvconf/resolv.conf and skip some of this mess... I think /etc/resolv.conf is not normally touched by dpkg, so I suppose that's cleaner (I did the /etc64 hack because I thought resolvconf stored it's files under /etc/resolvconf and I didn't realize it linked off to /dev/shm until later... but I'm gonna leave my setup alone in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy)

good luck!

- M

On 14 Jan 2007 19:26:10 GMT, Jack Malmostoso <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch> wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 20:20:11 +0100, leandro noferini wrote:

> What should I have to look for?

If you use firefox32 in a chroot, you should fill in /etc/resolv.conf in
the chroot too!
Otherwise, not sure about your problem. Can you access 216.239.37.104 from
firefox32?

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449