Re: libimf.so

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 09:38 -0800, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> I am trying to run on debian amd64 etch, kernel
> 2.6.18-3-amd64 #1 SMP, an application that was
> compiled with ifort.
>
> It has installed correctly, I believe, though when
> trying to start a job, error message: not found
> libimf.so. That lib is not on either my system or the
> official repositories. I see that there querries on
> the web, though ones of high complexity.
>
> As far as I can understand this is related to the
> Intel compilers, which I have none. I rely on compiler
> from the official distribution only.
>
> Is any chance to come out from such a situation for a
> non-expert like I am? Or would it be simpler to
> recompile (if it it compiles with non-Intel).

libimf is part of the Intel Fortran runtime. You either need to
recompile the application statically (i.e. so it doesn't need the
external library), obtain the runtime files (by installing the Intel
Fortran compiler) or recompile against another compiler whose libraries
you do have, such as the GNU compiler.