Re: etch RC1 installer

--- Micha <codejodler@gmx.ch> wrote:

> > In a new installation of i386 etch netinstall with
> > latest etch RC1, no nvidia driver was installed.
>
> Install nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx (binary
> drivers)
> of debian unstable, latest version 1.0.8776-3.
> It runs with Xorg 7.1.1 but maybe lower too.
>
> Install and run nvidia-xconfig, too, plus the nvidia
>
> 'controlcenter' package nvidia-settings.

Thank you for answering, though my point was to where
learning as this my new installation without nvidia
works. Why should I install nvidia when it works
perfectly and very speedy? Finally, everything was
done through official debian and I suppose they know
how to do.

francesco pietra

>  m°

Have a burning question?