cursor problems in firefox

Hi,

since I'm using the nv-video module here, my cursor shows strange
behaviour in any form fields in firefox: If I write something into
formulas on websites, or even into the url-line, my cursor produces a
new cursor after every single character, when I'm using my arrow-keys
to e.g. correct something wrong I typed in. It's very annoying, and only
happens in my browsers like firefox and galeon...

Has anyone a hint, how I can stop this?
I'm using xserver-xorg7.1, linux-image-2.6.18 with the built-in
nv-driver (since my machine had a lot of crashes with built-by-myself
nvidia-driver, I'm afraid to give it a try again - but btw with
nvidia-driver this cursor-problem was not there.)

Thanks,
sigi.