Re: System freeze (again)

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 05:29:05PM -0200, Rodrigo Paes wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:42:55 +0200
> "Richard L. Mace" <macerl@telkomsa.net> wrote:
>
> > I was following with interest the thread about system freezes, but it seems to
> > have dried up.
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> I was having the same problems with my HP zv6000, when I upgraded to
> 2.6.18... however my is related to the wireless card.. does your note
> uses bcm43xx module ? try removing it and testing.

And I thought, my several really hard freezes, which made a new install
necessary several times, did come with the by myself compiled
nvidia-kernel-modules...?

Since I'm only using the shipped-in nv-driver, my machine is running
very stable... I'm not able playing games since my change to 'nv' but my
system works fine since then.

sigi