Re: Debian vs Ubuntu for Enterprise Production Servers

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 11:30 +0100, A J Stiles wrote:

> Simple answer:  If you've already used Debian and are comfortable with using
> the command line and a text editor, stick with Debian.  If you don't mind the
> GNOME desktop, try Ubuntu.  It's just Debian underneath anyway.

I administers GNU/Linux servers but based on RPM distributions, all of
them without X.  So, it's not a question if I'm comfortable of a server
with X or not.  I'm new to a Debian based distributions but I don't see
any big difference with the RPM based distributions.  My only concern is
on what distribution shall I stick to for servers, Debian or Ubuntu.
Please take note that Ubuntu Dapper Drake LTS has a 5 year security
support and you can even install it without X at all.

Thank you for your suggestions.