Re: Packagehandling

"Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de> writes:

> Am Dienstag, 12. September 2006 09:52 schrieb Goswin von Brederlow:
>> The old package remains in the archive for 3 days if you go and look
>> into pool manualy. Then there is testing and also
>> snapshot.debian.net. Is that not enough?
>>

> That is enough ! Although I think, 3 days is a little bit short, maybe 7 days
> might be better (don't blame me for my opinion. :-)   )

The 3 days is to make sure packages are not removed before mirrors
update their Packages files.

One day or the file could get removed on the first pass while the
Inxed file still list it. Another day in case some mirror failed to
update in time. And the third day just for good measure. :)

MfG
        Goswin