amd64 installer

I have installed debian amd64 etch raid1 software from net installer (June
beta2 release) three times without problems (dual core opteron, Tyan K8WE
S2895).

For a new installation (having changed disks and disk size) with net installer
newly downloaded 2 September I created raid1 and chose a mirror
(ftp.uni.koeln.de) to install "standard system" only.

Alt-F2
cat /proc/mdstat
shows perfect raid1

Mail configuration: "local delivery only; not on a network' as on previous
installations.

It begins downloading, then at "Preparing to configure flex" (22%) it does not
go on , at least not during one and half hour.

This is the second trial; on the first I chose debian.mines.impl-nancy.fr as
mirror, dropping into the same problem.

Should I resume the June beta 2 installer? (I still have the disk).

Thanks for helping

francesco pietra