Re: Large font when booting into linux when using NVIDIA card

From: Adam D <emlists@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 06:14:31PM -0700
> Ever since I have built my first x86 box (AMD64) I have not been able to get my initial font size down from the about 1" size.  I have included in my grub the following line
>
> ..root=/dev/hda1 ro video=nvidiafb:vmode:22 quiet splash
>
> Using 'video=nvidiafb:vmode:22' does not make a difference with the
> video.  I would love to use the TTYs more but with such large text on
> the terminal it becomes very annoying.

from my menu.lst:

kernel		/boot/vmlinuz-2618rc4mm2 root=/dev/md2 video=nvidiafb:1600x1200-32@85
kernel		/boot/vmlinuz-2618rc4mm2 root=/dev/md2 video=nvidiafb:1920x1440-32@85

There's no need to search for modes - just define what resolution you
want, what depth (32 bits) and what refresh rate.

By the way, even if you have a very large screen, a line length of about
72 characters is recommended, instead of your very long lines.

HTH,
Jurriaan
--
Miranda said,"I am totally confused."