Re: max_interrupt_work: forcedeth module parameter to fix "too many iterations (6) in nv_nic_irq" error

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 10:08:29AM +0100, Dave Ewart wrote:
> Suggestions I've found through googling indicate using the
> 'max_interrupt_work' module parameter and setting it to 10, rather than
> the default 5.
>
> My question is: what/where is The Right Place to put this module
> parameter setting?  I went to /etc/modules.conf first: but a note in
> that file indicates it should not be edited directly:
[..]
> However, the manpage for update-modules says that it is 'deprecated'.

The replacement directory is /etc/modprobe.d and I don't think any
update-* is required.

> Would it just be OK to edit /etc/modules.conf to change:

No, your changes will be lost.

Make a file of any name in /etc/modprobe.d and put

options forcedeth ...

eg I have /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-options which says

# Set preferred order of the sound cards
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
options snd-ens1371 index=1

Hamish