Nvidia Texture corruption in quake4!

Dear: Fellow users;

I am in need of advice, I am having the same problem with texture
corruption, and not being able to run quake4-smp as I had in
Ubuntu. Every other game I own runs fine ut2004 runs good, no
texture corruption.

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/47391

I am using the latest Nvidia drivers, and this was a fresh amd64
install from beta2 etch net iso's. I know that Ubuntu has solved
the problem, when a few months later I installed the nvidia drivers
with the ubuntu method.  As later I did not have any texture
problems, and quake4-smp would run without a problem. I don't know
what changes they made, but I believe it is a Nvidia driver issue.

I first tried the 32 chroot install of quake4, but it shows the
exact problem I am having in the 64 bit version. I am able to run
the quake4 exe in both the 32 bit, and 64 bit versions, but it
shows much texture corruption, and is slow even with everything
turned down low, such as no AA, no bump mapping, etc.

Looking at my Xorg logs show's nothing out of the ordinary, also my
kernel log shows nothing, or any errors regarding the graphics
card. I am using the latest patches 1.3 and I can play for a short
time but the corruption is two much for an extended time.

Opty 165
Motherboard asrock dual sata 939
Nvidia 6600gt apg card

Gnu_Raiz