Re: How to get the right source

Hello again,
   I am still trying to get a 64bit smp kernel working on my Dell
system.  I have installed and successfully run 2.6.12-1-amd64-generic.
I have tried installing kernel-image-2.6.8-12-amd64-k8-smp and kernel-
image-2.6.8-12-em64t-p4-smp.  Both of those fail to boot.  Please note
that this is a newer Intel processor that runs the AMD64 bit code.
   I really would like to find the kernel source for 2.6.12-1-amd64-
generic to rebuild it, but it does not seem to be available on the
mirror I am using.  Does anyone know where I might find that?  Or even a
kernel-image that would work.  My department has a *policy* of building
non-modular kernels, so building from source is preferable.
   Any pointers or help will be greatly appreciated.  I tried all of the
stuff people suggested the last time, at least to the best of my
understanding of them.

--
Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.