How to get the right source

Hello folks,
   I am new to the 64 bit stuff and I need to rebuild my kernel for
multiple processors.  I know I should apt-get the source packages, but
which packages and from where?  My /etc/apt/sources.list has the
following:
deb http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian-amd64/debian sarge main contrib
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

   I have installed am running this on a Dell 2650 with Intel
processors.  Here is the uname -a line:
Linux ripberger 2.6.12-1-amd64-generic #1 Fri Jul 22 18:12:08 CEST 2005
x86_64 GNU/Linux

   I assume that I just need to download the kernel sources, do the
"make menuconfig" thing and make the new kernel from there.  Any other
cautions or suggestions?

--
Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.