debian amd64 and linux certifications

Anyone,
      I am currently a Debian only user at home and at work. Most of my computers are running 64bit kernels and of course the others are running 32bit systems and an ARM type system. I am currently working on gaining some "official" knowledge of Linux and actually having proof of it. I have been looking closely at going for the Linux + certification. I understand from reading a little online, that the test officially uses the RPM package manager, and thought I would pose this question to the group. Are there any other Linux certifications that would be either Linux generic (no special reference to .deb. or rpm, etc), or is the Linux + something that would be recommended? Any Ideas on Linux certifications would be greatly appreciated.

--
Christian....