Re: buildd failures for amd64?

Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 11:19:38AM +0200, Joost Witteveen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I from time-to-time notice that amd64 doesn't have a package in
>> unstable/testing, while most (all) other archs do. At the moment
>> for example natios-plugins is compiled for most archs, but the amd64
>> arch reports "maybe-failed":
>
> A "maybe-failed" is a state of a log file.  But the package is in
> installed state, as you can see here:
> http://buildd.debian.org/nagios-plugins
>
> In this case, I've actually build + uploaded the package
> manually.  I haven't really tested this, but because of the setup
> of the buildd, it's ping test probably failed.  I assumed it
> tried to ping localhost, which happens to not work.

Could you make sure? I saw that the package was build manualy but the
question of why remains.

If this is a intolerance of the source to vserver setups then it has
to be patched. If it was just a glitch in the buildd then we can
forget it. We don't want to have to do a manual build for every
upload.

MfG
        Goswin