[Help] Installing etch on dual opteron cluster head node

Our dual opteron server which is to function as a head node has arrived
and I want to run debian amd64 on the head node. We need to be able to
compile both 32-bit and 64-bit applications on this node. Technically
this node will not execute any application. The idea is to run sid/etch
on the machine. Scanning the mailing list archives I assume the only
package that needs to be installed for 32-bit applications to be
compiles is libc6-dev-i386. I would really appreciate any advice on this
from past experiences the developers and users might have had.

Thanks,

Bharath

---
Bharath Ramesh       <bramesh@vt.edu>       http://people.cs.vt.edu/~bramesh