Re: mysql-server-5.0: double free or corruption -> ABRT

Quoting Chris Yeoh (cyeoh@illumin8.com.au):

> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x08259238 ***
> Kernel is Ubuntu Breezy.  Any asistance appreciated.

In my particular case problems went away after upgrading to 5.0.19-#
and (and this is probably the most important) after I rebuilt the
indexes on all my tables.

For some reason, binary copying .MYI, .MYD and .frm files from a 32bit
system to a 64bit system makes MySQL crash on tables with indexes. Even
though the MySQL.com website states that it should not be any problem.

After i rebuilt all the indexes the server was stable again. Even binary
copying 64bit to 32bit works just fine. The other way around doesn't.

We have our first 64bit (Debian) /workstation/ at the office now.
I'll put on my sysadmin cap and harras the user with some mysql tests,
probably crashing his machine. *gnagnagna*

HTH, HAND,
Sander.