Re: xfonts-utils missing?

"Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de> writes:

Hello,

> Am Montag, 17. April 2006 11:36 schrieb Anders Ellenshøj Andersen:
>> On Monday 17 April 2006 11:30, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
>>
>> I think it is correct, since if I have understood it correctly, amd64 is
>> now part of unstable. As far as I can tell, aptitute automagically calls up
>> the amd64 packages and not x86 packages.
>
> Hmm, if you are right, Anders, then there would have been a massive change in
> debian-amd64.

And yes, he is right. AMD64 is now part on the official mirrors for
unstable and packages start propagating to testing also.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00014.html

> Can somebody explain the status of debian-amd64 and what are the correct
> entries in sources.list ?

The correct entries for sources.list for unstable are (add contrib and
non-free to your liking).

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable main
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable main

About your concerns if aptitude will automatically grab AMD64 packages
or if grabs the i386 ones, just try dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH
and look if it sais "amd64" or "i386".

Note that for Sarge, you continue to use your old entries in
sources.list.

        René

--
René van Bevern