Accessing USB drives on a Dell PE SC430

Hello,

I am trying to figure out why I am no longer able to mount a USB flash
drive on a PowerEdge SC430.  I successfully installed a base Sarge system
using the image from Kenshi Muto [0].  From here I compiled a 2.6.16.1
kernel to add built-in RAID-1 support so I could do boot-on-RAID (for
which I was successful).  You can find the kernel config listed at [1].
Upon upgrading to the newer kernel I am no longer able to mount and
access USB media.  More details from /var/log/messages can be found at
[2].  I would appreciate anyone's input so I can resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Note: I am not a member of this list so for any responses, please CC me
a copy.

[0] http://kmuto.jp/b.cgi/debian/d-i-2615-amd64.htm
[1] http://www.g-3.org/~greg/config.txt
[2] http://community.livejournal.com/debian/295730.html