ram/raid1

n setting up a workstation with

--two amd6a 265 opterons dual core
--Tyan K8WE S2895SA3NRF main board
--two 360GB raid1 hd (raid 1 software by debian)
--ram 2GB (Kingston KVR400D4R3A/2G - DDR 400 Ecc Registered), is any reason to
prefer two slots of memories 1GB each instead of a single 2GB slot?

The technician here maintains that two slots are needed to have needed two
channels for raid1; it is unclear to me.

Incidentally, the 2GB Kingston is charged in Italy six hundred euros, that is
more than twice the price in US. This is to recognize that we can circumvent
the market leader software houses (and be more efficient) but we cannot avoid
the system in our country which favors handlers against citizen (and against
scientific research activities). The results of such policy are under the
eyes.

Thanks a lot for advice
Francesco Pietra