Re: Debian Sarge server frozen (em64t-p4-smp)

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 07:02:48PM +1200, Simon wrote:
> Hi There, We have a mail server (postfix>amavis>dbmail) running debian
> sarge (2.6.8-9-em64t-p4-smp) running dual xeons with a tyan
> motherboard and 3ware hardware raid5. Everything has been running fine
> up to now, but in the last week it has frozen twice. Completly stuck
> needing a hard reboot to restart (ctl-alt-del dosnt work). Here is a
> screenshot of the stuck screen (no ping, nothing at this point):
>
> http://gremin.orcon.net.nz/console.jpg
>
> Would someone be able to take a look and give me a clue here?

I wonder what autoremove_wake_function is...

journal_commit_transaction looks related to one of the journaling
filesystems, specifically ext3 I believe.

Can you do a shift+pgup to see more of the output?  How about setting up
a serial console or remote logging so you can capture the full error
messages?

Of course it really sounds like either you upgraded something recently
that is broken, or the hardware is starting to fail.