PHP5 dotdeb packages - incorrect MySQL Client API version

Hello,

I'm running Sarge on amd64 with php5 and mysql5 packages from the dotdeb repository. Recently, I've run into an issue where I'm unable to insert or update tables. PHP version is 5.1.2 and MySQL is 5.0.19.

One thing I've noticed that is odd is that in phpinfo(), the mysql section shows:

Client API version   4.1.15

The libmysqlclient14 (version 4.1.15) package is installed as a dependency of php5-mysql. If I try to remove it, it also wants to remove several other packages, including mysql-server-5.0 and mysql-client-5.0. Neither of these list libmysqlclient14 as a dependency only php5-mysql and php5-mysqli do.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? Or does it look more like the packages in this are repository broken? If it is the latter, are there any other up-to-date php5 and mysql5 packages for amd64? I'd rather not build my own PHP, but I may have to.

Thanks!