Re: Doubt about AMD64 compactibility

El Lunes, 3 de Abril de 2006 19:45, Arthur Tupinambá escribió:
> Hello people, everything ok?
>
> Im new in this list... i hope here we can change some expertise :)
>
> I have a doubt, that can be a doubt of another AMD64 users (*I googled
> this and did not find anything*)  Can use AMD64 port and install
> packages from another repository that is not from AMD64 ?
> Someone can explain better this topic? im very lost about this question!

I think it is quite well explained in the debian amd64 howto (google for
it).

rough explanation:
debian amd64 is a pure 64 environment, so you should only use repositories
with amd64 packages (not ix86 ones).

Anyway, as debian amd64 kernel is 32 bit capable, you can run 32 bit
applications in a 32bit chroot environment. (and in that chroot
environment you should use only ix86 packages)

(hey! I warned it was going to be a rough explanation!)

Aritz Beraza [Rei]
--
Aritz Beraza Garayalde [Rei]   [http://www.ayanami.es]
- No enviarás correos en HTML a La Lista.