Re: Are there rescue disks that recognise LVM2 and RAID

Hi!

Almost everything you could need fore rescuing a system can be done be booting a live system CD/DVD. I would recommend using KANOTIX 64, which is a debian derivative and runs quite fine. Sure, rescuing would be a little tricky this way, but therefor it supports RAID, LVM, almost every available device (nice on notebooks!) and so on.

Christoph

hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
Are there rescue disks I could use in case things go wrong? AFAIK, most rescue disks are for i386 and don't recognise RAID and LVM properly.