Re: VMWare does not start after update to libc6-i386?

Kourosh <debian@mindwaresystems.com> writes:

> After I remove the /emul entries from ld.so.conf and rerun ldconfig
> -v, I see that it does _not_ scan the 3 /emul directories and does
> _not_ find the 32bit X libs and I again get the same error with vmware
> not finding the correct libs.  At least on my system, the 3 /emul
> entries are required for vmware to work.  I don't have any other 32bit
> software that I can test.
>
> I add back the 3 /emul entries, rerun ldconfig -v, and the 3 /emul
> directories are scanner and vmware works again.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kourosh

I have the same versions and the same links in /lib/ldconfig on my
system and everything works without anything in ld.so.conf. It doesn't
make sense for ldconfig to fail completly on some systems.

Please file a bug report about this with libc6. Maybe the maintainers
have more insight.

MfG
        Goswin