Re: 1U server with 4 SATA ports and a 32-bit PCI slot

David Liontooth <liontooth@cogweb.net> writes:
> I'm having a hard time finding server hardware for a university
> project -- we need a dozen of these, running Debian sid:
>
> * 1U chassis
> * 1 dual-core amd64
> * 4 SATA drives
> * 1 32-bit PCI slot (preferably 2)
>
> None of the supermicro systems accomodates us. Can someone suggest a
> system like this that is known to run Debian amd64?

tyan.com has barebones systems that should do what you want.

http://tyan.com/products/html/barebone_amd.html

My company just bought one of their higher-end ones (dual CPU,
dual-core capable, etc), and the person doing the assembly has been
very impressed with the fit and finish.  When the rest of the parts
arrive, we'll be able to tell you how they perform.

Mike
--
It still insists that we beg for our purity