Re: updated howto

Roberto Pariset wrote:
Hello,
an updated version of the debian amd64 howto is avaiable in my local alioth space at [1]; hopefully someone will benefit from this.

Special thanks and gratitude to Ana for her kindness, ideas and support :)

All the best,
Roberto

PS: If you want to reply, please don't forget to add me in CC because I am not subscribed to this list.

[1] http://haydn.debian.org/~intero-guest/

I've greatly benefited from this howto; it's good to see it keeps being maintained. Shouldn't the section about the 32-bit chroot mention schroot also, though? (chroot seems to be deprecated on unstable).

Here's my version of the "do_dchroot" script (it seems to not work as well as the current one):

#!/bin/sh
ARGS=""
for i in "$@" ; do
    ARGS="$ARGS '$i'"
done

exec schroot -p -c ia32 -q "`basename $0`" "$ARGS"

The above assumes a [ia32] entry in /etc/schroot/schroot.conf like so:

[ia32]
description=Debian sid (ia32)
location=/chroot/ia32
priority=3