Re: turion/mobile athlon benchmark

Hello again

I've managed to find a bit of time to reboot my computers.

If you look at the average reluts from all of the tests, AMD is just
slightly ahead in the MFLOPs, however, it took P4 5 seconds less on
average to perform all tests. This seems a bit odd...

AMD64 Average:
time:		0.87
MFLOPS:		2447.44

P4 Average:
time:		0.82
MFLOPS:		2417.86

Here are the details. I've the test 5 times from the clean reboot in
runlevel 1. Here are the average results:

AMD64 3200+ 64bit kernel

100	0.01	1328.55
200	0.03	1956.21
300	0.1	2263.63
400	0.21	2459.69
500	0.39	2576.92
600	0.65	2643.71
700	1.01	2709.99
800	1.49	2753.98
900	2.02	2882.1
1000	2.76	2899.66

Average from above:
time:		0.87
MFLOPS:		2447.44

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 31
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 1004.900
cache size      : 512 KB
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
lm 3dnowext 3dnow lahf_lm
bogomips        : 2011.09
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp

---------

Intel P4 3.2Ghz HT (on toshiba P20 laptop)

100	0.01	1031.2
200	0.04	1543.81
300	0.1	2083.01
400	0.23	2273.86
500	0.41	2418.78
600	0.61	2824.15
700	0.96	2856.21
800	1.37	2980.17
900	1.91	3045.33
1000	2.56	3122.11

Average from the tests:
time:		0.82
MFLOPS:		2417.86

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 3193.020
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid
xtpr
bogomips        : 6388.08

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 3193.020
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid
xtpr
bogomips        : 6383.23

--
Andrei