Re: Dropping to a shell

did you install sid or sarge? (looks like sid)

i also cant see what sort of disk controller the machine uses.

Dean

William Humphrey wrote:
I am using the latest official testing version of debian (kernel 2.6.15) on a DL580 G3 with Quad Procs. I used the netinst image. Once I installed the program, I have the problem to where is keep dropping to a shell and will not boot. It say that it cannot find my hard drive partition which is /dev/cciss/c0d01. And on top of that, it does not create an /etc/fstab for me to mount it. I have tried creating a fstab myself, but once I reboot, it goes away. Has anyone had this problem? If so please help!

Thanks,

William Humphrey

Senior Manager, IT - Helpdesk/Network Operations

CALGB Information Systems

Duke University - Durham, NC

Phone: (919) 668-9303

Fax: (919) 668-9320