K8V.

greetings all,

I have a question regarding an Asus k8v-deluxe.

In the manual, and I think I read this once at Tom's hardware, that the on
board chip memory controller only works if you fill the first 2 RAM slots
(which I have - 2  X 500 Meg.). I want to add some RAM, and I'm wondering if
anyone knows wether the extra ram would supersede the speed that the
"HyperTransport" feature provides?   ...Or would it slow the RAM processing
significantly thereby rendering the adding of the RAM futile?

Thanks for any opinions,
Chris W.