Re: which motherboard for a debian server?

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 09:46:49PM +0100, Luca Rozza wrote:
> Hello,
> i need to replace a broken motherboard (asus a8v) on a debian server.
> Please can anyone help me choose a debian compatible motherboard?
> i need socket 940
> is this compatible? i cant find nothing on google.
> http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tomcatk8esli.html
> thanks!

But the A8V was socket 939?  Are you replacing CPU and RAM and
everything else too?

The K8ESLI is socket 939 just like the A8V.

As far as I can tell from reading people's experiences, the
nforce2200/2050 based boards seem to work.  Not sure what other socket
940 boards are really around.  Hopefully someone that has one can help
with details.