Re: Chown problem

You're most likely having a weird filename which is expanded by '*' so it
looks like a parameter to a command like 'chown':

sstamm@HanS:~/test$ touch ./-=
sstamm@HanS:~/test$ chown -R sstamm:users *
chown: invalid option -- =
Try `chown --help' for more information.
sstamm@HanS:~/test$ chown -R sstamm:users .
sstamm@HanS:~/test$ chown -R sstamm:users ./*
sstamm@HanS:~/test$ chown -R sstamm:users ./-=

(the last three work just fine)

hope that helps.

chown accepts user:group as well as user.goup btw.

      Sönke

Oh and this was more like a question for debian-user than for debian-amd64.