Re: Uml, vserver or xen for virtual servers?

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:54:19PM -0600, Jacob S wrote:

> And what would the both of your be "doing" with your vservers?
> (Just trying to educate myself a little bit more about the differences
> between Xen, UML and Vserver.)

My application is vserver-based services, so naturally I'm interested
in maximizing the amount I can run on a given machine. I understand
up to 400 VServers are easily doable on a 4 GByte machine, depending
on average footprint, of course. (I currently only run few ten on a
1.4 GHz 2 GByte Athlon XP machine, which perform very well).

If you need to run different kernels, or even different OS
simultaneously, or only need to run a few lightly loaded
virtual servers on each physical machine VServer is not
the right solution.