Re: AMD64 installer with megaraid driver?

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 01:47:26PM +0000, Dave Ewart wrote:
> > I have an LSI Megaraid 467 (often rebadged as a Dell PERC2/DC, I
> > believe) that I would like to use on my Athlon 64 system.
> > Unfortunately, with every installer I have tried does not have the
> > megaraid module.  I have found an old i386 installer with this, but
> > that's about it.  Anyone know if such a thing exists?  If not, any
> > good tutorials on adding your own kernel to an existing ISO?
>
> There's a netinst image here which may help:
>
> http://tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/amd64/

Also the megaraid driver was renamed/changed recently.  There is now
megaraid_mbox and megaraid_sas and megaraid_mm along with megaraid.  Not
sure which one is the right one for which hardware.

You may also have to manually modprobe the driver from console 2 during
the install.