Re: etch RC1 installer

> The nvidia binary driver does DRI openGL.  The free driver is 2D only.
> I also believe the free driver doesn't do video playback acceleration
> while the binary one does.

The open source driver does support video overlays, and seems to provide
hardware acceleration (I see a 10x reduction in CPU usage when xv is
enabled).

There were issues with older kernels/XOrg (I'm not sure which) that made the
open source driver very slow on amd64. These seem to have been resolved now
and it works fine for 2D and video.

Paul