[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: AMD64 unofficial Sarge to etch

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 05:59:58PM -0600, Karl Schmidt wrote:
> I'm looking at upgrading a remote unofficial Sarge to etch server.  I did 
> this on a local machine a while ago without huge problems - but wondered  
> if that is still the case or if I should wait a few more weeks for the 
> official release?
> If someone can list  possible problems with apache-PHP-mySQL and this 
> upgrade I would appreciate.
I guess it is generally a matter of preference.  However, I won't
upgrade a production server until the full freeze has been announced.
Even then, I will only upgrade machines which I do not consider to be
critical.  I usually do the upgrades to help track down last minute bugs
in the upgrade procedure.  So, if your machine as a production machine
and you don't really have a motivation to help find those last minute
bugs, then you should probably wait for the official release.



Roberto C. Sanchez

Reply to: