Re: System Freeze (update)

Am Donnerstag, 23. November 2006 04:59 schrieb Richard L. Mace:
> Hans,
>
> I recently posted a similar freeze issue. In my case I had made many
> changes in a short space of time (xorg 7.1, kernel 2.6.18.x, from
> linuxant's driverloader to ndiswrapper).
>
> After weeks of testing I have confirmed that, for me, the source of my
> freezes is also wireless related. It is ndiswrapper 1.28 (with a Broadcom
> BCM4318 and 64 bit windows NDIS drivers). So, sadly, I'm back to using
> Linuxant's driverloader (which is rock-solid stable) and my freezes are
> gone.
>
> BTW I had at least one response to my previous post where the poster
> confirmed the source of his freezes was the bcm43xx kernel module. This
> seems to agree with your findings. Hope this helps.
>
> Richard

Hi Richard,

well, I would agree to this, if other people without the broadcom driver and
card would not have the freezes, too !

I myself use the native drier without linuxant or ndiswrapper.

So you can exclude them both, too.

If you will collect all messages about freezes and exclude all the things,
which all people with freezes NOT have, then there will be not much left,
which could cause this.

best regards

Hans