Re: No Sata found on install in HP DX5150

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 08:53:49PM -0300, Otavio Spagnol Sechinato
wrote:
> When the install suppose to find de sata hard disks, no one were find.
>
> And I have the 80GB from HP and a 250Gb generic.
>
> Some one knows what to do ?

Hello Otavio,

Sarge (current stable) is getting a little old and it doesn't have
support for many SATA controllers because they were just coming out when
Sarge was released.

If you need the stability of Sarge, follow the links someone else
suggested for backports.

Etch is currently in testing and should be stable next month.  You could
install Etch and it will see the SATA drive no problem.

You can find Etch information at http://www.debian.org/releases/testing

Good luck.

Doug.