Guile+recompiling

Hi
   Once more I talk about recompiling programs. I am trying to package the
linux-gpib driver for Debian. It supports guile bindings but thefile
/usr/lib/libguile.so
is not in the amd64 package but if the source package is installed  and
compiled on my own computer then it appears. You can search for the file on
the debian homepage and see that it exists for x86 but not for amd64.
   Although I have complained many times about packages that are fixed just by
recompiling them but I have still not got any explanation for this behaviour.

Regards
Gudjon

Ps. Thanks to all of you that gave me recommendations for virtual machine on
amd64. I will try your ideas out very soon :)