Re: in-reply-to=<20061010140128.gp30991@csclub.uwaterloo.ca>&subject0re:%re:installation on asus k8n4-e deluxe still fails

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 04:59:49AM +0200, Kv237 wrote:

> No, modprobe forcedeth only produces the same error message about no ethernet
> card detected. It don't add anything to ifconfig -a.
>
> Yes, I am using the etch installer as per specified in my original message.
> It is the version built on a daily basis, and download date is  as per my
> specificaton in my original message.
>
> I will report this as a bug to the kernel team, but it has to wait until
> the weekend. I want to include the output from "lspci -nnn" into my bug report
> and don't want to copy it all by the means of pen and paper.

lspci -n|grep 0200

That should do.  Much less to note.  And really the only thing that
matters it the PCI identifier.  For example:
$ lspci -n|grep 0200
00:04.0 0200: 10de:0066 (rev a1)
01:04.0 0200: 11ab:4320 (rev 13)

That is from one of my machines, which has an nvidia nforce2 chipset
which is the 10de:0066 (10de = nvidia, 0066 = nforce2 ethernet).  it
also has 11ab:4320 which is a marvell yukon (11ab = Marvell, 4320 =
yukon).  So only the xxxx:xxxx identifier is actually important to note,
possibly along with the revision number.