Re: Change of Repos.

caos <ouijayes@telefonica.net> writes:

> Hello, guys.
> My question is: Which day of the week and time are the DVD
> distribution images released ?
> The reason of this question is that I have downloaded five times the
> whole distribution (three DVDs each) and I've always got the same
> result: two DVDs are correct and one has problems. It is not a big
> problem because I can install correctly the distribution unless tree
> or four packets that are installed later via apt-get. But I want know
> when the images are put on the server and removed the old ones to
> prevent this.
> Wellcome every answer, waiting for.
> Regards for everybody.
> Note: I am interested in Debian  amd64 testing and stable. Not unstable.

For stable it is whenever there is an announcement about it. Basically
never. For testing I think it is weekly or so. But that isn't important.

Never download dvd images unless absolutely neccessary. Use the
netinstall images and download the rest from the net as needed. Most
stuff on the DVDs you don't need and it is just wastage to download it
all.

Even more important don't ever redownload a dvd image. Use rsync or
give jidgo the old image as source first. That way you only get the
differences and not the 99% that are the same.

MfG
        Goswin