Re: Nvidia-GLX very slow

> Hmm, seems o.k. for me. What does "glxgears -printfps" say ?
> How many FPS ?

~3200/3300 FPS

it seems a correct value for me.

> 1. Unpack the nvidia-kernel-module as usual to /usr/src/modules.
>
> 2. Enter into /usr/src/linux
>
> 3. Do like this example --> make-kpkg --append-to-version -1-k7 kernel-image
> to make dependencies, then --> make-kpkg --append-to-version -1-k7
> modules_image
>
> to built the module package. After this you can install the
> nvidia-kernel-2.6.xxxxx.deb in /usr/src with --> dpkg -i nvidia-xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> When done. load it manually, I use "modconf" for it.

I kept my modules by m-a, and I got:

Driver:          AGPGART
AGP Rate:        8x
Fast Writes:     Disabled
SBA:             Enabled

I have just installed "nvidia-xconfig" and launched it.
It has backuped my xorg.conf and re-defined my nvidia config like this:

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "NVIDIA GeForce"
    Driver         "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Default Screen"
    Device         "NVIDIA GeForce"
    Monitor        "My Monitor"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "RenderAccel" "true"
    Option         "AGPFastWrite" "true"
    Option         "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
#       VideroRam       65536
    SubSection     "Display"

now it works:)

Thanks,