Re: Openoffice in Sid for amd64

Użytkownik Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it> napisał:
>On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Emmanuel Fleury wrote:
>> It's an official one.
>> Look there:
>> http://packages.debian.org/...
>I don't think the question was "is it an official debian port", which it
>clearly is. I suppose he meant "is it an official 64bit port released by the
>OOo official site?". I don't know the answer to this latter one...

Your'e right. I meant if it is an official 64bit release from Sun Microsystems.
If not then what is the chance that the bugfixes that make this release usable
on 64bit systems will be adopted to the official release (read: does Sun
use any code written by the community to develop their releases of OOO)?

I haven't found any 64bit version of OOO on the official site, but thought
that doesn't have to mean that Sun has nothing to do with the release
announced here.

As long as Sun does not patch their official code with the bugfixes the
community will have to patch every new release of OOO to make it work
on 64 bitsystems...

So, will the Debian's port change the situation with the official OOO?