Gkrellm mail checker & SSL?

Hi,

what packages do I have to have installed in order to be able to check
mail through SSL with gkrellm2? I went through aptitude and verified I
have OpenSSL installed and installed some crypto libraries but with no
luck.

This is the state of *ssl* packages on my system:

user@host:~$ dpkg -l '*ssl*'
un  apache-ssl     <none>         (no description available)
ii  docbook-dsssl  1.79-4         modular DocBook DSSSL stylesheets, for print
un  docbook-dsssl- <none>         (no description available)
un  fetchmail-ssl  <none>         (no description available)
un  gnustep-ssl    <none>         (no description available)
ii  libio-socket-s 0.999-1        Perl module implementing object oriented int
ii  libnet-ssleay- 1.30-1         Perl module for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
un  libopenssl-rub <none>         (no description available)
un  libssl         <none>         (no description available)
ii  libssl-dev     0.9.8b-2       SSL development libraries, header files and
ii  libssl0.9.7    0.9.7i-1       SSL shared libraries
ii  libssl0.9.8    0.9.8b-2       SSL shared libraries
un  libssl08-dev   <none>         (no description available)
un  libssl09-dev   <none>         (no description available)
un  libssl095a-dev <none>         (no description available)
un  libssl096-dev  <none>         (no description available)
un  libwww-ssl0    <none>         (no description available)
ii  libxmlsec1-ope 1.2.9-5        Openssl engine for the XML security library
ii  openssl        0.9.8b-2       Secure Socket Layer (SSL) binary and related
ii  ssl-cert       1.0.13         Simple debconf wrapper for openssl
un  ssleay         <none>         (no description available)
un  w3m-ssl        <none>         (no description available)
un  wget-ssl       <none>         (no description available)
un  zmailer-ssl    <none>         (no description available)

and *crypto* packages:

user@host:~$ dpkg -l '*crypto*'
un  libcrypto++5.2 <none>         (no description available)
un  libcrypto++5.2 <none>         (no description available)
ii  libcrypto++5.2 5.2.1c2a-3     General purpose cryptographic shared library
un  m2crypto       <none>         (no description available)
ii  python-m2crypt 0.16-1.1       a crypto and SSL toolkit for Python
un  python2.3-m2cr <none>         (no description available)
un  python2.4-m2cr <none>         (no description available)

On my i386 notebook the gkrellm has no problem usig SSL and I have
pretty much the same stuff installed (or even less).

Thank you very much in advance,

Martin