Recompiling

Hi
   Now I had the problem that wxmaxima did not work for me until I recompiled
the Debian source package (both maxima and wxmaxima). Now it works
charmingly.
   A few months ago some guy was complaining about the grace program. That
crashed as well for me until I recompiled it.
   Yesterday I could not install subversion-tools (or was it some dependency
that couldn't be solved) but the source package compiled and installed
perfectly (this was in fact solved with a new version this morning).

   Am I the only one having these problems? My guess is that some underlying
libraries change without the packages being recompiled. Is there some way to
fix this or am I misunderstanding something. That has happened before:)

Regards
Gudjon

Ps. I try to make bug reports when I can.