Re: [POLL] To continue 64 or not?

On Thursday 31 August 2006 21:11, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> Looking for some constructive feedback on other people's experiences

As a fairly new AMD64 user, I have to say that maintaining a 32-bit chroot is
relatively painless.

I've gotten used to using 'apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade;
schroot -p "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade", and it does all it
should do: update and upgrade my both installations.

As such, I'd be very inclined to keep the 64bit and use the chroot for the
32-bit apps needed. Ofcourse, I have way lesser dependencies on it than you
do, so YMMV.

The only things I really need the chroot for right now is Opera (+flash) and
Openoffice. I'm tempted to try out the 64-bit build for the latter... anyone
here with experience on that? Is it any usable?

Thanks,

Jan
--
It is better to have loved and lost than just to have lost.