Re: Question : grub commands

On Monday 14 August 2006 11:07, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Hello !
> Just an easy question:
>
> Is there a difference between "disable_timer_pin_1" and
> "noapictimer" at startup in grub ? If yes, what is the difference
> ?
>
> (This command is needed to get the clock running correct)
>
> regards
>
> Hans

Why not use Chrony and your local pool.ntp.org servers for time?
Also what happens if you don't reboot for a long time, then how do
you keep your time correct?

Not that it makes a difference, but those are kernel commands, I
believe all grub does is pass those on to the kernel anyway.

Your local search engine will be most useful here, might want to
give it a go.

Gnu_Raiz