Re: harddisk error within raid1 => howto restore?

> > is there a easy way to copy over the partition-layout or do I have to use
> > cfdisk to create every single partition?
>
> dd if=/dev/correctdevice of=/dev/newdevice bs=512 count=1
>
> Simplest I know off.  Does NOT work if you have extended partitions
> however.

unfortunetly I used extended partitions ;-(

I googled something about sfdisk - any worth trying it:

sfdisk -d /dev/sda | sfdisk /dev/sdb

??? harm

--
FuchsCom GmbH
Rödingsmarkt 14

T: 040-3208 5646
F: 040-3208 5648
M: 0170-4600 770
E: hbehrens@fuchscom-gmbh.de

**************** Internet Email Confidentiality Footer ******************

original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.