Re: Grub bad partition pointing after kernel upgrade

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:40:44AM +0200, antonio giulio wrote:
> example:
> If my kernel is in /dev/hda1 and my $HOME in /dev/hda3, after upgrade
> grub points for kernel image to /dev/hda3 instead of /dev/hda1

Can you post an excerpt from your menu.lst to show what you mean?

There are defaults for some grub options earlier in the file eg root
device, options etc. Check that those are set correctly for your setup.
They are copied to the other menu items when that file is updated by
adding/removing a kernel.

Hamish